Children who will be 5 years old on or before August 1, 2019 are eligible to attend kindergarten during the 2019/2020 school year. Meigs Local is now taking appointments for the following registration dates: April 9, 10, 11, and 12. Parents or guardians must bring their child who is enrolling to registration. For safety measures, parents are asked to provide proper identification, proof of residency, and any other applicable information showing legal guardianship. Please call Meigs Primary School at 740-742-3000 as soon as possible to make your appointment. All paperwork must be submitted before your child will be eligible to register; however each child is welcome to screen with the understanding all paperwork must be filed for registration.
- Please call or visit one of the above listed schools to arrange for an appointment for kindergarten registration and times. Parents or guardians must bring their child who is enrolling to registration. For safety measures, parents are asked to provide proper identification, proof of residency, and any other applicable information showing legal guardianship.
- Please bring the child’s birth certificate, social security card, and immunization record. The birth certificate must be the “original” or “live” birth certificate.
- The child should have had 5 DTaP (if the first four DTaP were given before the 4th Birthday, 4 Polio (4th dose of Polio must be administered on or after the 4th birthday regardless of the number of previous doses), 2 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B, and 2 doses of the varicella (chickenpox) disease vaccine. In order to be considered valid, the 1st varicella vaccine must have been administered on or after the child's first birthday with a second dose administered before entry into kindergarten. In addition, the law states that, "A pupil who has had natural chicken pox, and presents a signed statement from the pupil's parent, guardian, or physician to that effect, is not required to be immunized against chicken pox", ORC 3313.671 (B)(3).
- School nurses will be present at registration to answer any of your questions concerning your child’s immunization requirements.
- School personnel will assess the speech, fine motor skills, gross motor skills and language abilities of children who are being enrolled. Information about each child’s performance will be provided to the parent/guardian.
- Information obtained during the registration and screening process allows school staff members to plan activities that will make the child’s first year of school successful and enjoyable. Please call your school as soon as possible and make an appointment to register your child for kindergarten. We look forward to working with you to provide the best educational opportunities for your child.