On behalf of the staff at Meigs Middle School, I am happy to welcome you to our webpage. Meigs Middle School serves students grades 6 through 8. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with parents to ensure each student can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, students need support and structure both at home and school. As partners, we share responsibility for our student’s success and want you to know we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your student’s learning by ensuring the following:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experiences.
- Completes all homework assignments given by the teachers.
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school to be college and/or career ready.
Finally, we ask your support of Meigs Marauders have PRIDE. This is our positive behavior guidelines to help students develop positive habits to carry into the future.
Prepared – be ready and expect to succeed
Respectful – treat others, as you want to be treated
Involved – always give your best effort
Dependable – do what is right and expected
Encouraging – be helpful and kind to others
Please feel free to contact our office at 740-992-3058 with any additional questions.
Vickie Jones, Principal Meigs Middle School